|Collection||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|
|Photographer||Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943|
Summary about the history of Riker's Island. It was originally called Hewlett's Island after Lewis Hewlett who owned the island and built a home. Hewlett's house was later destroyed by Native Americans. In 1664, Abraham Rycker, a planter, received a patent for the land.
Scrapbook page from "Bushwick and her neighbors, Vol.2"
Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)