|Title||[Summary of South Street Methodist Episcopal Church]|
|Collection||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|
|Photographer||Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943|
South Second Street Methodist Episcopal Church. Originally known as the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Williamsburgh. Organized in 1806, when Williamsburgh was a small village with only a few hundred inhabitants. First building, which stood in a cornfield, was a small frame structure. Present brick building built in 1837. [handwritten on page]
See v1974.22.1.068 for newspaper photo.
Scrapbook page from "Bushwick and her neighbors, Vol.1"
Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
Bushwick (New York, N.Y.)
Williamsburg (New York, N.Y.)
|Collection Finding Aid||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|