Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Old Billop House
Collection Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks
Photographer Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943
Image ID v1974.022.1.240
Date 1907
Description The Old Billop House called the stone house at the Manor of Bentley (at Tottenville Street) in Richmond County built about 1670 by Christopher Billop, master of the ship Bentley occupied by the British during the Revolution as a barracks. [handwritten on page]

See v1974.22.1.241 for print drawing of Billop House / Bentley Manor

Scrapbook page from "Bushwick and her neighbors, Vol.1"
Place Names Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
Staten Island (New York, N.Y.)
Subject Headings Houses
Manors
Collection Finding Aid Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks
Copyright Public Domain