Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title [Writing on St. Mark's Protestant Episcopal Church]
Collection Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks
Photographer Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943
Image ID v1974.022.1.073
Date 1907
Description St. Mark's Protestant Episcopal Church on Bedford Avenue corner South fifth street opposite the Wall house. Congregation founded in 1837 with four communicants. First church was a little white-washed building in the midst of a cornfield. Stone church completed in 1841. It was the only Parish between Astoria and Brooklyn. [handwriteen on page]
Place Names Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
Bedford Avenue (Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.)
Subject Headings Churches
Collection Finding Aid Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks
Copyright Public Domain