|Title||Old Betts house|
|Collection||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|
|Photographer||Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943|
The Old Betts house on the old Newtown Road between Calvary Cemetery and Maurice Avenue built by Captain Richard Betts, who came to Newtown about the middle of the 17th century. Still standing. [handwritten on page]
Text transcribed from "History of Queens County" (1882) by W.W. Munsell & Company.
Scrapbook page from "Bushwick and her neighbors, Vol.2"
Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
Newtown Road (New York, N.Y.)
Maurice Avenue (Brooklyn, N.Y.)