|Title||[Richard A. Woodhull, establishment of Williamsburgh, and ferry]|
|Collection||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|
|Photographer||Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943|
Richard A. Woodhull of New York City about the commencement of th 19th century (1804) purchased through Samuel Titus of Newtown some fifteen acres from the farm of Charles Titus.
This land situated in the vicinity of North Second Street, then called Bushwick Street, was soon laid out by Woodhull in city lots and named Williamsburgh. He then established a ferry from North Second Street to Corlears Hook, now known as Grand Street, New York. [handwritten on page]
Scrapbook page from "Bushwick and her neighbors, Vol.1"
Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
Williamsburg (New York, N.Y.)
Grand Street (Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.)
|Collection Finding Aid||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|