|Title||Penny Bridge (page 2 of 5)|
|Collection||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|
|Photographer||Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943|
By Town Clerk William O'Gorman of Newtown about 1880 [handwritten on page 1]
Summary of the history of the Penny Bridge, built in 1836 by the Newtown and Bushwick Bridge Company, and its function and relationship to other roads in early-19th century Newtown. According to account, photos of the Penny Bridge and the "Old Penny Bridge" it replaced are held at the Long Island Historical Society (now the Brooklyn Historical Society)
Scrapbook page from "Bushwick and her neighbors, Vol.2"
Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
Penny Bridge (New York, N.Y.)