|Title||[Van Alst farm]|
|Collection||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|
|Photographer||Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943|
Joris Stevensen Van Alst settled in 1653, on the Kanapankah or Joris Creek, here he purchased two plantations, for which he obtained a confirmatory patent in 1670. The second house built on the farm was in 1766 called the new house. The farm stayed in the family for two centuries. [handwritten on page]
Text transcribed from "History of Queens County" (1882) by W.W. Munsell & Company.
Scrapbook page from "Bushwick and her neighbors, Vol.2"
Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)