|Title||[Landholding in Bushwick after "Indian Deed of Bushwick," 1638-1641 (page 2 of 2)]|
|Collection||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|
|Photographer||Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943|
Armbruster idenitifies the first independent landholders of Bushwick after the "Indian Deed of Bushwick" was signed in 1638, which transferred land owernship from the KesKecohquereum (or Kes-Kak-quereum) to the West India Company. Land patents were first issued in 1640. Armbruster identifies the following people as landholders: Abraham Rycken (Abraham de Rycke), Lambert Heybertsen Moll, Cornelius Jacobsen Sille, Hans Hansen Bergen, Joris Rapalce, Clas Carstensen, Borsin (?), Dirck Volkertsen, Jan the Swede.
See page 1, bhs_v1974.22.1.013
See also bhs_v1974.22.1.015 for a map of land ownership in Bushwick, hand drawn by Armbruster.
Scrapbook page from "Bushwick and her neighbors, Vol.1"
Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
Bushwick (New York, N.Y.)
|Collection Finding Aid||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|