|Title||[Summary about Abraham Rycken land grant]|
|Collection||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|
|Photographer||Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943|
Abraham Rycken or de Ryke received in 1638 an allotment of land from Governor Kieft at the Wallabout in 1654 he obtained a grant of land at the Poor Bowery (formerly of the Dutch Reformed Church of New Amsterdam), he died in 1689. His son Abraham erected a tenement, which forms the center rooms of the house later owned by Charles Rapalye, the family cemetery at the Poor farm was in all subsequent sales of the farm reserved to the families Ryker and Lent. [handwritten on page]
Scrapbook page from "Bushwick and her neighbors, Vol.1"
Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
Dutch Reformed Church of Brooklyn
|Collection Finding Aid||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|