|Title||[Thomas Morrell estate and ferry]|
|Collection||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|
|Photographer||Armbruster, Eugene L., 1865-1943|
Thomas Morrell from Newtown purchased from Jocket Titus the homestead farm of the ancient Titus estate and laid it out in City losts.
The estate comprised 28 acres on each side of the present Grand Street.
The old Colonel Francis Titus homestead, long known as the Fountain Inn stood at the North easterly side of South First Street.
In 1812 Morrell started a ferry from Grand Street, Bushwick (formerly called Charles Titus Point) to Grand Street, New York.
He called the territory between North Second Street and Wallabout Yorktown. [handwritten on page]
Scrapbook page from "Bushwick and her neighbors, Vol.1"
Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)
Bushwick (New York, N.Y.)
Grand Street (Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.)
Wallabout (Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.)
|Collection Finding Aid||Eugene L. Armbruster photographs and scrapbooks|